We want you to know how we treat personal information that Rockpoint Insurance Solutions, Inc (“Rockpoint”) may obtain from you as a website visitor. By using our website, you accept this policy.
Information We Collect
- Policy – It is our policy to collect only the personally identifiable information (“PII”) that we need to provide the services of this website with the quality you desire and deserve.
- PII may include your name, address, age, telephone numbers, account number, social security number, user IDs, passwords, email addresses, and other information as provided by you to Rockpoint online or as a customer of Rockpoint. It is our policy to retain such information only as long as needed for our business purposes or as the law may require. We take reasonable steps to protect your information from unauthorized access.
- When you access our website, we automatically collect access log information about your visit, including information such as the Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses assigned (numbers assigned to your computer while online), bandwidth used, system and connection performance, browsers used, dates and times of access, and Internet resource requests, including requests to access web pages. We do not store emails sent and received, unless needed for our business purposes or as the law may require.
- In visiting our website, if you complete an online form or request further information from Rockpoint, we may ask for certain PII. When we ask you for such information, we will tell you how it will be used and you may elect not to participate.
- We may use “cookies” to collect information about your visit to our website and to manage information concerning your preferences. A “cookie” is a small computer code added to a file on your computer as a record of its visit. It does not collect or provide your name or any other personal information about you. It can, however, be used to note information about your visit, such as your type of web browser, operating system and IP address, to better tailor the site for you. It can also be used to recognize you as a repeat visitor returning to our website. This allows us to tailor our site by remembering you. You can control what cookies are accepted by your computer through the settings on your web browser or by deleting them from your files. Doing so, however, may limit the personalization available to you.
- Advertisers and Other Websites – We do not control the privacy policies of advertisers or of websites you may link to from our website(s) or by using our services. You should review their websites for questions about their Internet security and privacy.
Use and Sharing
- Use Policy – We consider any PII we receive about you to be confidential, and it is our policy to use it only in providing our services, to operations, administration, advertising, marketing, support, network provision, maintenance, communications with you, billing, collection and similar ways. We may also use such information in dealing with fraud and unauthorized use of our services.
- Aggregate Information – We use aggregate information about our customers and website visitors for a variety of purposes. Such aggregate information does not identify individual customers.
- Retention Policy – Rockpoint may retain personal customer information in its regular business records as long as someone is a customer or until no longer needed for business or legal purposes.
- Sharing Policy – It is our overall policy not to disclose to others outside of Rockpoint and our affiliates, vendors and business partners any PII about our customers without their prior consent. We do not sell or provide your personal information to parties.
- Special Exceptions – We reserve the right to disclose PII in our possession if we have a good faith belief that it is necessary to: (1) comply with the law or legal process served on us; (2) protect and defend our rights or property or those of others; (3) respond to fraud, abuse or unauthorized use of our services; or (4) act in an emergency to protect your safety or that of another. We may also share information if we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business operations, merge or combine with another organization.
- Third Parties – We sometimes use affiliates, vendors, insurance companies, or third party partners in association with this website and may provide PII about users for such purposes.
Legal Requirements – We may receive legal requests for customer information from government and law enforcement personnel. We may also receive discovery requests in civil litigation. In all such cases, our policy is to cooperate as required by law, but to provide only such information as the law requires. This information would generally be sought by subpoena served on Rockpoint. We do not assume any duty to notify you of receipt of any legal requests as under current law it is generally the duty of the party seeking this information to notify you.
The law does permit us to disclose to law enforcement, voluntarily and without prior notice, customer information, including the contents of communications, if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury requires such disclosure without delay.
- Taking Proper Precautions – Maintaining the security of your own personal computer is an important part of protecting your own privacy. You should use and update regularly your antivirus software, firewall and your operating system to prevent unauthorized access by others and harm from various forms of viruses. Persons with questionable intent may use the Internet or email to pose as someone you trust or do business with. You should always be sure who you are dealing with before responding with personal information.
- Personal Information – We protect PII found in our databases within controlled and secure environments with restricted access. While we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of our network and computer systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent unauthorized access.
Our website(s) are not directed at, or intended for use by, children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly allow anyone under 18 to provide any personal information on our website(s). Children should always get permission from a parent or guardian before sending personal information over the Internet. If you believe your child may have provided us with personal information, you can contact us and we will delete the information. You can find more information about protecting children’s privacy by contacting the FTC or viewing its website at http://www.ftc.gov.
Your Enforcement Rights
You have the right to enforce your legal privacy rights concerning our collection, use and sharing of your PII. Among your remedies is the right to seek relief in a civil action filed under federal law.
Changes in Policy
Quoting and Content Disclosures
Informational statements regarding insurance coverage are for general description purposes only. These statements do not amend, modify or supplement any insurance policy. Consult the actual policy or your agent for details regarding terms, conditions, coverage, exclusions, products, services and programs which may be available to you. Your eligibility for particular products and services is subject to the final determination of underwriting qualifications and acceptance by the insurance underwriting company providing such products or services.
This website does not make any representations that coverage does or does not exist for any particular claim or loss, or type of claim or loss, under any policy. Whether coverage exists or does not exist for any particular claim or loss under any policy depends on the facts and circumstances involved in the claim or loss and all applicable policy wording.
Online Quotes and Request Quote Forms
We sometimes use hyperlinks to connect to insurance companies quoting websites in order to provide a direct quote experience. This is in no way an application for insurance. We do not control the privacy policies of Insurance Company’s or of their websites. You should review their websites for questions about their Internet security and privacy.
Online Insurance quotes and request quote forms are NOT applications for insurance, regardless of insurance type. Online insurance quotes are estimates only, based in part on the initial information you provide, and possibly your insurance score.
The information you provided will be verified. This will include possibly ordering additional consumer reports, claim history, identification of property or risk, and asking additional underwriting questions. Policy coverage, discounts, deductibles, premium and eligibility are subject to change based on this information.
- Receiving an online insurance quote does not guarantee that your application will be accepted. Likewise, the inability to provide you with an online insurance quote does not always mean your application for insurance will be rejected.
- Questions asked for online insurance quote requests may change from the questions asked on an application in a particular state. Online insurance quotes are based on the information you provide. Be as accurate as possible. Based on the information you provide, you may not get an online insurance quote.
We receive commissions on polices sold from the insurance companies and wholesale brokers that we do business with. These commissions vary based on the product and company. We sometimes can receive additional production or contingency bonuses. We do not charge any direct broker fees, but in some circumstances polices might have a broker fee from the wholesaler or surplus lines broker on particular types of policies.